Business Development Representative
ESO is searching for a highly motivated, tenacious, business development representative to prospect into our target customers, schedule qualified product demos, and drive new business. This role will partner with our field regional account managers servicing the Emergency Medical Services, Fire, and Hospital industries. The ideal candidate should be an optimistic, self-starter who enjoys the hunt, has the ability to quickly build rapport and articulate how we provide value to our 2000+ clients.
Working at ESO
We're an established company that has worked hard to maintain a start-up feeling, even though we're growing quickly. Our team is made up of super-talented people who believe that it isn’t enough to just provide a software product. We provide incredibly cool, clinically sophisticated, well-designed tools and data services that make our customers’ jobs easier.
Our products provide practitioners and leaders in emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals with the data to make the right decisions for their communities — and help them collaborate with other segments of the healthcare system. The result? Patients get the absolute best care possible. And our vision goes way beyond that.
You'll be joining a tight-knit group of technologists, medical experts, data gurus, cyclists, gamers, photographers, foodies, dog lovers, aspiring guitarists and much more. The unifying force is our passion for what we do.
We embrace a culture of openness and collaboration, where people lead with ideas, not job titles.
A Little About You, If You’re Right for Us
You like challenges. If you wake up in the middle of the night with a great idea and can’t go back to sleep until you write it down, you’ll fit in with us. If you get frustrated working in inefficient, top-heavy companies and want to be somewhere you can truly make a difference, we might be a match — we are building the company we want to work for every day, and we encourage everyone to take part in continually shaping the future of ESO.
You love small teams. You’d rather be on a team with 100 “A” players than 1,000 corporate drones. Accountability is a term you are familiar with. You love working in a team, but also are capable of cranking out work independently.
You believe in our customers. You enjoy getting firsthand feedback from customers and knowing how your work impacts them directly. You know that to make a difference at ESO, you need to understand our customers. You’re the kind of person who would find it inspiring to meet customers at our national user conference, regional user groups and steering committees.
The Business Development role will be focused on increasing the number of qualified demos that our field regional account managers deliver. This person will be an integral part of the sales team and tied to the success of their field counterparts. You will be working with inside sales, the field team and field leadership to help develop and experiment with strategies that make ESO more successful. If you are a self-motivated, success-driven team player, and are passionate about making a difference, you’ll fit in great here.
More About What You’ll Be Doing
- Using a multiple touch process to prospect into target customers, while leveraging customer testimonials and referrals
- Working in close collaboration with the field sales team to set qualified introductory meetings
- Hustling daily to overachieve meeting targets and achieve territory growth success
- Drive prospective customers to attend ESO events around the country
- Re-establishing rapport with customers who did not select ESO in the past
- Leveraging Salesforce exclusively to ensure data capture and effective lead and cadence management
- Learning and demonstrating a fundamental understanding of our customers and company solutions
- Clearly articulate our value proposition and differentiators to prospective customers
As an ESOer you will be responsible for bringing your “A” game daily. You will have a high energy level, a fantastic work ethic, an approachable, can-do-now attitude, and a personal style that energizes and uplifts other ESOers.
The Stuff You Must Have to Give Us a Resume
- Highly motivated, tenacious, self-starter with the ability to operate independently as well as in a team
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- And love for talking to strangers (oh wait you haven’t met a stranger)?
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with a positive and energetic phone presence
- Flexible, innovative, able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Proficiency leveraging Salesforce.com for prospecting efforts and data capture
- Desire to be part of a new adventure, where your efforts will truly have an impact on our future success
- 1+ years of successful experience in outbound prospecting / appointment setting, preferably in the SaaS industry
- Have we mentioned being tenacious?