Senior Front End Web Engineer
ESO Solutions is searching for a dynamic leader for its Health Data Exchange platform.
Working at ESO
Come help shape the future of healthcare. If you like solving difficult problems while making a difference, you’ll like working with us.
At ESO, we’re innovative problem solvers with a passion for moving healthcare forward. We have a team of talented people who enjoy coming to work every day in an established, cutting edge company that has worked hard to maintain its start-up feel. We’re dedicated to solving some of healthcare’s most difficult problems through data and collaboration. If you’ve been looking for a challenge and aren’t satisfied with just showing up to work…let’s talk.
A little about us
At ESO it isn’t enough to provide a software product. We provide wicked cool, clinically sophisticated, well-designed tools that make our customers’ jobs easier. Our products provide them the data to make the right decisions for their communities and help them collaborate with other areas of the healthcare system. The result? Patients get the absolute best care possible. And we’re just getting started.
Our team is made up of technologists, medical experts, data gurus, photographers, cyclists, and aspiring guitarists. The unifying force is our passion for what we do. We embrace a culture of openness and collaboration, where people lead with ideas, not job titles.
A little about you, if you’re for us
- You like challenges. If you wake up in the middle of the night with the next great idea and can’t go back to sleep until you get a chance to write it down, you’ll fit in with us. If you get frustrated working in inefficient, top-heavy companies and want to be somewhere you can truly make a difference, we might be a match. We are building the company we want to work for every day and we encourage everyone to take part in continually shaping the new ESO.
- You love small teams. You’d rather be on a team with 100 “A” players than 1,000 corporate drones. Accountability is a term you are familiar with. You love working in a team, but also are capable of cranking out work independently.
- You believe in our customers. We use our national user conference, regional user groups and steering committees to get ESOers in front of our customers. You enjoy getting firsthand feedback from customers and knowing how your work impacts them directly. You can’t make a difference at ESO if you don’t understand our customers.
More about what you’ll be doing
You will work closely with in-house designers, technical architects and clinical content experts to create the customer facing components of ESO’s suite of products for EMS agencies and hospitals. Day-to-day, you may find yourself participating in design discussions, implementing user stories, or helping to define datadriven APIs.
Solid UX is paramount to the success of our products, and our customers demand tools that anticipate their needs without skimping on aesthetics. Our users will be consuming your work on a variety of devices and platforms so you should be fluent in Responsive Web Design techniques as well.
desirable. Functional Programming concepts (e.g. immutable data structures, side-effect free functions,
etc.) are important topics in our development group as well.
The stuff you must have to give us a resume
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- A large group of former co-workers who will say they loved working with you.
- You are passionate about what you do and want to know how your work impacts ESO’s success.
- Fluency in RESTful Web Service architecture Experience with Continuous Integration and Agile development methodologies
Nice to have
- Cloud Computing (Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with traditional OOP languages (C#, Java, etc.)
- A record of open source contributions