Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET)
ESO Solutions is searching for a seasoned SDET with experience in a multi-product, SaaS environment.
Working at ESO
Come help shape the future of healthcare. If you like solving difficult problems while making a difference, you’ll like working with us.
At ESO, we’re innovative problem solvers with a passion for moving healthcare forward. We have a team of talented people who enjoy coming to work every day in an established, cutting edge company that has worked hard to maintain its start-up feel. We’re dedicated to solving some of healthcare’s most difficult problems through data and collaboration. If you’ve been looking for a challenge and aren’t satisfied with just showing up to work…let’s talk.
A little about us
At ESO it isn’t enough to provide a software product. We provide wicked cool, clinically sophisticated, well-designed tools that make our customers’ jobs easier. Our products provide them the data to make the right decisions for their communities and help them collaborate with other areas of the healthcare system. The result? Patients get the absolute best care possible. And we’re just getting started.
Our team is made up of technologists, medical experts, data gurus, photographers, cyclists, and aspiring guitarists. The unifying force is our passion for what we do. We embrace a culture of openness and collaboration, where people lead with ideas, not job titles.
A little about you, if you’re for us
- You like challenges. If you wake up in the middle of the night with the next great idea and can’t go back to sleep until you get a chance to write it down, you’ll fit in with us. If you get frustrated working in inefficient, top-heavy companies and want to be somewhere you can truly make a difference, we might be a match. We are building the company we want to work for every day and we encourage everyone to take part in continually shaping the new ESO.
- You love small teams. You’d rather be on a team with 100 “A” players than 1,000 corporate drones. Accountability is a term you are familiar with. You love working in a team, but also are capable of cranking out work independently.
- You believe in our customers. We use our national user conference, regional user groups and steering committees to get ESOers in front of our customers. You enjoy getting firsthand feedback from customers and knowing how your work impacts them directly. You can’t make a difference at ESO if you don’t understand our customers.
First and foremost you are a developer. The SDET develops software that verifies the quality and behavior of ESO’s consumer applications and internal services. The right candidate for this role will operate as a peer within the development organization, offering feedback on the testability, scalability and fault tolerance of our SaaS products. We expect the Engineer to continually drive improvements in test coverage metrics and to work closely with the product and development teams to set automation priorities.
More about what you’ll be doing
You will write and maintain functional and system integration tests using automation frameworks such as Selenium, Watir/WatiN and SoapUI. You must also be fluent in an Object Oriented Programming language such as C# or Java. There will be challenges in this position that require you to develop custom automation software without relying entirely on readymade frameworks, hence the emphasis on coding in this role.
You should have experience running automation tests in a Continuous Integration (CI) environment. Test execution metrics from your CI builds will be used to verify system readiness in advance of deployments and we will use these metrics to assess progress against your automation goals.
Demonstrated diversity in your previous testing experience is helpful because you will be working with messaging systems, web APIs and front end application interfaces. You must have experience testing SOAP and RESTful web services and it is important that you are comfortable writing SQL/TSQL database verification scripts. A strong working knowledge of XML and XSLT is expected as well.
You should possess a solid understanding of the full software development lifecycle and Agile development methodologies. This includes, but is not limited to, developing test plans for sprints/iterations, providing feedback in application design sessions and participating in code reviews.
The stuff you must have to give us a resume
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- 3+ years experience testing web and desktop software using test automation frameworks such as Selenium, WatiN and SoapUI
- 2+ years experience with OOP programming languages, preferably C# or Java
- Experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, SQL and TSQL
- Experience designing and implementing test plans and test cases using Test Management Software
- Experience with Test Automation Studios such as WEBAI and Telerik Test Studio
- Experience with Microsoft development environments using Continuous Integration tools (Cruise Control, Hudson, Bamboo)
- Exposure to messaging technologies (MSMQ, ActiveMQ) and service bus architectures
- Experience with XML, XSLT, SOAP and web services
- Proven ability to analyze and deconstruct complex software systems when designing test automation strategies
Nice to have
- Cloud Computing (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Load/Performance testing experience
- Experience with Windows scripting technologies (WMI, Powershell)
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with Healthcare Technology