Business Analyst – Data
ESO Solutions is looking to add a few innovative product focused teammates that want to jump in and build amazing data centric software.
Working at ESO
Come help shape the future of healthcare. If you like creating products that make a difference, you’ll like working with us.
At ESO, we’re innovative problem-solvers with a passion for moving healthcare forward. We have a team of talented people who enjoy coming to work every day in an established, cutting-edge company that has worked hard to maintain its start-up feel. We approach the healthcare toughest problems with the belief that we can make things better with technology, data, and interoperability. If you’ve been looking for a challenge and aren’t satisfied with just showing up to work…let’s talk.
A little about us
At ESO it isn’t enough to provide a software product. We provide wicked cool, clinically sophisticated, well-designed tools that make our customers’ jobs easier. Our products provide them the data to make the right decisions for their communities and help them collaborate with other areas of the healthcare system. The result? Patients get the absolute best care possible. And we’re just getting started.
Our team is made up of technologists, medical experts, data gurus, photographers, cyclists, foodies, aspiring guitarists and more. The unifying force is our passion for what we do. We embrace a culture of openness and collaboration, where people lead with ideas, not job titles.
A little about you, if you’re for us
You like to solve hard problems. If you wake up in the middle of the night with the next great idea and can’t go back to sleep until you get a chance to write it down, you’ll fit in with us. If you get frustrated working in inefficient, top-heavy companies and want to be somewhere you can truly make a difference, we might be a match. We are building the company we want to work for every day and we encourage everyone to take part in continually shaping the new ESO.
You love small teams. You’d rather be on a team with 100 “A” players than 1,000 corporate drones. Accountability is a term you are familiar with. You love working in a team, but also are capable of cranking out work independently.
You believe in our customers. We use our national user conference, regional user groups and steering committees to get ESOers in front of our customers. You enjoy getting firsthand feedback from customers and knowing how your work impacts them directly. You can’t make a difference at ESO if you don’t understand our customers.
Our Business Analysts have a major role in product direction from soup to nuts – in other words, opportunity evaluation, product market research, requirements gathering & documentation, agile user story creation, customer satisfaction, and support of our software. This includes improving existing products as well as the formation of new products and finding new ways to leverage our strengths to improve healthcare that we haven’t even thought of yet.
More about what you’ll be doing
You will participate in all phases of product development from market and strategy to implementation and launch. A great day in this position will involve your individual contributions to several different product initiatives at various stages of their life.
Here’s just a snapshot of what your day-in-the-life will look like with the team:
- Research and provide details on the competitive market landscape for products or features in the concept phase.
- Construct Total Available Data models based on our models and supplied pricing strategy.
- Work with engineering teams to convert high-level product requirements into Epic’s and User Stories ripe for the execution phase.
- Reiterate product vision to our development team by highlighting proposed features and their business value.
- Help Define releases as a collection of new/incremental features, architectural improvements, and allocations for technical debt.
- Contribute to the development process execution and assist in the creation of acceptance criteria to guide sprint and release execution.
- Integrate change management and go to market activities into project execution and release plans.
- Provide product subject matter expertise to ESO support and implementation staff to create a world class customer experience.
The stuff you must have to give us a resume
- Experience in product development at a fast-growing software company
- History working closely with design and development teams
- Market Research experience including defining personas, performing interviews, and constructing business models.
- Significant experience authoring and managing agile user stories from the user perspective.
- Passion for making our customers’ experience as amazing as possible using your creative problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office tools
- Proficiency with writing SQL queries
- Proficiency with XML and XSLT
- You have strong communication skills, both written and spoken and like to have fun when working with co-workers, prospects and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree welcome
- Ability to work collaboratively to get results
- You are passionate about what you do and want to know how your work impacts ESO’s success.
You have to have strong, demonstrable client-facing skills. . . . in other words you have to make sense to the people around you. You need to be able to understand customer needs, assign value to them – and drive them into your product. You need a clear understanding of how data can change the world and how you can harness that power and how our customers can benefit from it.
You have to be able to “get” developers. ESO runs a VERY collaborative ship. . . . a close working relationship with your dev team will be HUGE in your success.
You have to be an Agile Ninja. We are looking for experience with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development principles. Special credit goes to those with expert knowledge of our tools of choice: A-ha, Jira, and Salesforce.
If you have all this – we would love to talk to you. . . .if you have all this and industry experience in EMS operations or healthcare management – that would be even better!
We will be calling your references, so when we call they should tell us we’d be insane not to hire you.
Nice to have
- Real life work experience with JIRA/AHA
- Experience working with standard BI tools such as Tableau, MircoStrategy, Business Objects etc..
- Experience managing product lines utilizing components of the Hadoop Ecosystem
- PMP Certification
- Agile Product Management Certification
- Hands on experience with Big Data technologies such as Hive, Spark, Impala, SparkSQL, Storm, NoSQL DBs.