Development Manager – Data Platform
ESO Solutions is searching for a Development Manager to evolve and scale our Data Platform.
Development Managers at ESO are creative technologists who lead by example, setting the pace and tone for building a culture of high performing teams. The right candidate for this role comes from a software development background and has experience hiring, mentoring and managing technical execution using agile methodologies. As a member of engineering leadership, you will collaborate frequently with designers, product managers and business stakeholders throughout the organization to deliver Big Data / Analytics solutions that integrate with ESO’s healthcare and public safety SaaS suite.
More about what you’ll be doing:
You will be responsible for the technical leadership of some of the most committed and brightest developers at ESO. These individuals have dedicated many non-mythical man-months to the flagship products driving our company’s stellar growth.
You will provide direction and oversight through all phases of the product release cycle (design, development and quality assurance), aligning development objectives with product milestones and ultimately, customer satisfaction. You can expect to:
- Participate in product release estimation and planning.
- Identify and escalate potential concerns related to project initiatives and recommend viable solutions.
- Review peer code and conduct design reviews.
- Coach and mentor developers at both a technical and a professional level.
- Curate and publish unit and integration testing metrics.
- Coordinate quality assurance plans for all projects.
- Create and execute structured application deployment plans.
- Evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations.
- Recruit and retain “A” players.
- Read and write code!
The stuff you must have to give us a resume (technical or otherwise):
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- At least 5 years managing a software development team
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- Thorough knowledge of traditional RDMS and data warehouse technologies
- Experience with high throughput, event-driven architectures
- Analytics data modeling experience
- Knowledge of XML, SOAP and RESTful web services
- Experience building loosely coupled, distributed systems using queues/topics and related messaging patterns
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Prior usage of Git or another distributed source code management system
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS technologies
- Experience using Big Data cluster technology (Hadoop)
- Experience with Apache Spark, Kudu and Impala