Director of Professional Services
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 14,000 customers out of our offices in Austin, Texas and Des Moines, Iowa.
About the role
ESO is seeking an experienced and savvy leader to build and run our professional services. In this senior management role, you’ll be responsible for helping us manage key areas of our client services function, while achieving revenue targets.
You’ll be an effective communicator who can easily accelerate the changes necessary for us to achieve business goals. You are hyper-focused on revenue generating efforts and will be quick to remove any barriers or disruptions.
Simply put, the mission for your role is to help us maximize revenue while providing excellent service to our customers.
You understand that those efforts can only work if we have the right talent. So parallel to leading strategies that help us maximize revenue, you’ll also help us attract, develop, reward, and retain high-performing talent across our organization.
More about you
As a leader at ESO you will be responsible for bringing your “A” game daily. You will have a high energy level, fantastic work ethic, and leadership qualities that energize and uplift other ESOers. The ESOers you lead will run through the proverbial brick wall for you because they are challenged, supported and having fun.
On the technical side, you will have enough technical software knowledge to talk fluently to our technical folks. You will frequently collaborate and build consensus with a number of business stakeholders throughout the organization.
You can expect to:
- Design, create, and refine a scalable professional services structure and processes
- Implement professional services KPIs and analytics and use that data to further drive decision making in our data-driven culture
- Drive a new professional services-oriented revenue stream for the company
- Build, coach, and develop high-performing talent
- Help preserve/expand existing revenue by supporting support and sales teams
- Collaborate and partner with internal teams to guide new functionality and enhance existing functionality of our products. We want every one of our products in the suite to be “best-of-breed” in the industry
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a professional services consultant, with experience managing professional services at some level within a software implementation environment
- Understanding of building strong training and professional services content for both thought leadership and user-oriented tracks
- Ability to establish, execute, and maintain robust KPIs
- Proven experience motivating and influencing a high-performing, talented team
- Excellent executive presence and interpersonal skills
- Great communication skills, both written and spoken
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce, especially Salesforce’s customer management tools
- Ability to be highly productive, both working alone and in close collaboration within a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer driven, high-growth environment
- Experience working with multiple areas in a company
- Ability to travel between office locations monthly or bi-monthly