Security Compliance Manager
ESO is searching for an experienced Security Compliance Manager to focus on protecting the company’s and our customers’ sensitive and critical data. This person will ensure compliance with all relevant privacy laws and will work well with all key functions across the company.
Working at ESO
We’re an established company that has worked hard to maintain a start-up feeling, even though we’re growing quickly. Our team is made up of super-talented people who believe that it isn’t enough to just provide a software product. We provide incredibly cool, clinically sophisticated, welldesigned tools and data services that make our customers’ jobs easier.
Our products provide practitioners and leaders in emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals with the data to make the right decisions for their communities — and help them collaborate with other segments of the healthcare system. The result? Patients get the absolute best care possible. And our vision goes way beyond that.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit group of technologists, medical experts, data gurus, cyclists, gamers, photographers, foodies, dog lovers, aspiring guitarists and much more. The unifying force is our passion for what we do.
We embrace a culture of openness and collaboration, where people lead with ideas, not job titles.
A Little About You, If You’re Right for Us
You like challenges. If you wake up in the middle of the night with a great idea and can’t go back to sleep until you write it down, you’ll fit in with us. If you get frustrated working in inefficient, topheavy companies and want to be somewhere you can truly make a difference, we might be a match — we are building the company we want to work for every day, and we encourage everyone to take part in continually shaping the future of ESO.
You love small teams. You’d rather be on a team with 100 “A” players than 1,000 corporate drones. Accountability is a term you are familiar with. You love working in a team, but also are capable of cranking out work independently.
You believe in our customers. You enjoy getting firsthand feedback from customers and knowing how your work impacts them directly. You know that to make a difference at ESO, you need to understand our customers. You’re the kind of person who would find it inspiring to meet customers at our national user conference, regional user groups and steering committees.
The Security Compliance Manager will be the watchdog for our organization to ensure that we have a state of the art compliance program. ESO has a large opportunity to make a difference in healthcare through the power of data, and our philosophy is that we are the steward of our customer’s data.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: privacy and security compliance and education. This position will interface directly with operations, engineering, product management and the legal department.
More About What You’ll Be Doing
• Be responsible for drafting, updating and enforcing security and privacy policies;
• Lead the company through annual third-party audits using an industry audit framework;
• Interface directly with customer’s CISO, Privacy Officer or similarly situated individual;
• Complete vendor assessments for prospects and customers;
• Lead ESO’s ongoing compliance efforts, including training ESO’s workforce on the latest security protocols and best practices;
• Maintain compliance with federal, state and local security and privacy law.
As an ESOer you will be responsible for bringing your “A” game daily. You will have a high energy level, a fantastic work ethic, an approachable, can-do-now attitude, and a personal style that energizes and uplifts other ESOers.
The Stuff You Must Have To Give Us A Resume
• Highly motivated, tenacious, self-starter with the ability to operate independently as well as in a team
• High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
• Flexible, innovative, able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities
• Big picture and detail oriented
• Understanding of HIPAA
• Ability to drive projects to completion
• Ability to work with limited direction
• Comfortable with conflict
• Skills of persuasion and negotiation
• Ability to talk tech and policy
• Knowledgeable and passionate about the latest in security and privacy law
• Led one or more SOC 2, Type II audits or ISO 27001/27002 audits.