Software Test Engineer
ESO Solutions is searching for a dynamic contributor to join its FireHouse application suite team.
Working at ESO
Come help shape the future of community health and safety through the power of data. If you like solving difficult problems while making a difference, you’ll like working with us.
At ESO, we’re innovative problem solvers with a passion for moving community health and safety forward. We have a team of talented people who enjoy coming to work every day in an established, cutting edge company that has worked hard to maintain its start-up feel. We’re dedicated to solving some of healthcare’s and fire agencies’ most difficult problems through data and collaboration. If you’ve been looking for a challenge and aren’t satisfied with just showing up to work…let’s talk.
A little about us
At ESO it isn’t enough to provide a software product. We provide wicked cool, clinically sophisticated, well-designed tools that make our customers’ jobs easier. Our products provide them the data to make the right decisions for their communities and help them collaborate with other areas of the healthcare system. The result? Patients get the absolute best care possible. And we’re just getting started.
Our team is made up of technologists, medical experts, data gurus, photographers, cyclists, and aspiring guitarists. The unifying force is our passion for what we do. We embrace a culture of openness and collaboration, where people lead with ideas, not job titles.
A little about you, if you’re for us
- You like challenges. If you wake up in the middle of the night with the next great idea and can’t go back to sleep until you get a chance to write it down, you’ll fit in with us. If you get frustrated working in inefficient, top-heavy companies and want to be somewhere you can truly make a difference, we might be a match. We are building the company we want to work for every day and we encourage everyone to take part in continually shaping the new ESO.
- You love small teams. You’d rather be on a team with 100 “A” players than 1,000 corporate drones. Accountability is a term you are familiar with.
- You love working in a team, but also are capable of cranking out work independently.
- You believe in our customers. We use our national user conference, regional user groups and steering committees to get ESOers in front of our customers. You enjoy getting firsthand feedback from customers and knowing how your work impacts them directly. You can’t make a difference at ESO if you don’t understand our customers.
As a member of ESO’s software development in test team, you will be collaborating with our highly talented engineers and designers to build the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Our engineers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care and community safety. If you are ready to test products and services that will affect real change, this is the job for you.
More about what you’ll be doing
You will play integral role in designing, planning, executing test plans and test cases in the FireHouse application suite. Your work will be essential to ensure that our product offering meets and exceeds customer quality expectations. Testing our distributed application stack will involve testing, verifying data flows within the application, testing on variety of device types (web, native, mobile), as well as verifying proper software behavior at various levels (user interface, API, backend).
Our engineers lead by championing a culture of personal ownership and customer focused execution. We love engineers who pride themselves not only on excellent testing, but excellent end-user experiences as well.
We are an Agile development shop and regularly demo our work to project stakeholders. To support this methodology, we practice continuous integration, embrace open source software, and empower our developers to make informed technology and product decisions.
Skills you must have to give us a resume
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Experience with software testing techniques, methodologies
- Proven track record of participating in software testing activities including test planning, execution, monitoring, defect tracking, and test reporting
- Experience testing FoxPro 7 or later applications
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts
- Experience with XML, XSLT, REST and web services
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems
- A passion for what you do and understanding how your work impacts ESO’s success
Nice to have
- Scripting language experience (e.g. Python, PowerShell)
- Object oriented development experience
- Emergency services industry experience
- Cloud Platforms (e.g. Azure)
- Exposure to Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment practices
- Exposure to messaging technologies and service bus architectures