Position Announcement: Vice President of Sales
John F. Spitzler – Executive Search, a boutique firm based in Atlanta, GA, has been exclusively retained to represent ESO in their search for a:
Vice President of Sales
Founded in 2004, ESO (www.esosolutions.com) is improving community health and safety by providing innovative software solutions. ESO provides software, interoperability and data management to emergency medical services, fire departments
and hospitals nationally.
ESO provides software solutions for the pre-hospital healthcare market that are helping redefine the way healthcare communicates. The ESO Suite includes its industry leading, electronic health record (EHR), Fire RMS, revenue recovery, dispatch, quality management and personnel management applications. With ESO Health Data Exchange (our interoperability platform), EMS, hospital systems, regional authorities and health information exchanges connect to provide patient outcomes and views of critical data like never before. ESO software is deployed at 14,000+ client sites nationally.
Based in Austin, Texas, ESO is a high growth portfolio company of Accel-KKR. Accel-KKR (www.accel-kkr.com), formed in 2000, is a leading, global private equity firm focused exclusively on investing in middle market software and technology enabled services companies.
For over 15 years, Accel-KKR has leveraged its vast pool of resources and expertise to build long-lasting, successful partnerships with its portfolio company management teams and their employees, enabling them to grow faster and more profitably.
The firm, with offices in Menlo Park, CA, Atlanta, GA and London, England, manages $4B in committed capital across its buyout and growth funds, providing for flexibility depending on the needs of its portfolio companies.
ESO is seeking a high energy, collaborative Vice President of Sales with 10+ years of enterprise software/SaaS sales leadership experience in the healthcare vertical. This leader will have a demonstrable track record of hiring, motivating, and deploying sales teams (inside and outside) who consistently exceed company goals for growth and customer satisfaction. Experience selling multifaceted, complex SaaS/cloud solutions, with long sales cycles is required.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Sales will serve as a key member of the executive team, charged with driving strategic sales decision-making as well as leadership of a geographically dispersed team. The successful candidate must have demonstrable experience driving a company’s growth from $40 million to $100 million.
This individual must have a strong, results oriented work ethic, the highest levels of integrity and be committed to team based leadership. The company is regarded as an employer of choice in Austin, Texas and offers a collegial work environment.
The company will provide a competitive total rewards package, including, base, bonus, equity, and relocation.
- Attend board and executive level meetings to lead conversations and presentations that guide the company’s sales strategy, pricing model and go-to-market efforts, particularly related to new products/services.
- Use data and analytics to improve corporate decision making.
- Design, implement and refine the appropriate sales team structure for growth.
- Recruit, mentor and develop successful enterprise software sales professionals.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement to drive excellence in pricing, go-to-market, cross selling and additional revenue from specific product groups, both for the current product suite as well as new products from acquisitions.
- Develop annual sales plan in support of company strategy and objectives.
- Set sales quotas, evaluate and refine compensation and commission plans.
- Create dashboards for executive team and investors with relevant metrics to measure sales benchmarks and milestones, including funnel management.
- Forecast sales achievement on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Drive sales training and enablement to consistently improve sales productivity.
- Reinforce a relationship based, solution selling methodology.
- Develop account plans for new business targets as well as existing customers.
- Coordinate with VP of Marketing to create and communicate sales and marketing plans across the enterprise.
- Serve as an evangelist of the company’s products and services.
- Minimum 15 years of overall sales experience with at least 7 years as VP/Director of Sales in high-growth environments.
- B2B SaaS/cloud experience in healthcare vertical required.
- Specific, demonstrable experience growing revenue in excess of $50MM.
- Experience in leveraging data and analytics to uncover sales/margin/product opportunities and contribute to better executive level decision making. Expert knowledge of the healthcare technology sector and the key industry players and dynamics.
- Experience scaling a company from $40 million to $100 million and an understanding of the growth patterns and behaviors required for such growth.
- Experience in building both outside and inside sales force of enterprise software sales professionals in a consultative, solutions oriented sales environment.
- A history of effectively partnering as part of a collaborative senior management team in support of business objectives.
- Ability to set and achieve company and individual metrics and goals, and hold teams accountable.
- Strong direct and channel sales experience in growing product lines, vertical penetration and geographic coverage.
- International experience is a plus. Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- Experience in high growth, PE/VC backed environments including driving organic growth and integrating acquisitions required.
- Position requires 20% travel.
Interested candidates, please forward a copy of your confidential resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or third parties, please.