FHETS | ESO Training Academy | Wave agenda coming soon!
FHETS & ESO Training Academy:
The FHETS and ESO Training Academy deliver in-depth product knowledge through focused training sessions tailored to meet the needs and experiences of admins and users.
Classes within the FHETS and ESO Training Academy will focus on:
- FIREHOUSE Inspections
- FIREHOUSE NFIRS
- FIREHOUSE Staff Members & Scheduling
- FIREHOUSE Basic Operations
- FIREHOUSE Report Writer
- FIREHOUSE Staff
- FIREHOUSE Activities, Training & Programming
- ESO Properties and Inspections
- ESO Fire Incidents
- ESO Personnel Management
- ESO Quality Management
- ESO Analytics
- ESO Ad-Hoc
- ESO Admin
- ESO Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- ESO Health Data Exchange (HDE)
- ESO Billing
Learn how you can build interoperability within your own workflow to improve care delivery. The Interoperability Track focuses on turning data into tangible insight by sharing best practices, real experiences and training. You’ll leave ready to make data talk to each other!
EMS BEST PRACTICES
From the latest stroke protocols to leveraging analytics, sessions in the EMS Best Practices Track arm you with the insights needed to grow your professional expertise and stay ahead of the game.
CLINICAL DATA MANAGEMENT
Make the most of your data in the Clinical Data Management Track. Sessions feature case studies, roundtables and workshops all centered on preparing you to translate data into actionable information.
FIRE DATA MANAGEMENT
There’s no doubt about it – data has an impact in securing funding, benchmarking performance and improving service. Discover how you can manage the data you collect in the Fire Data Management Track. You’ll learn from in-field experts, hear best practices and leave ready to convert data into practical application.
FIRE BEST PRACTICES
Move the needle forward in shaping the way you serve both communities and personnel. The Fire Best Practices Track offers case studies, expert speakers, workshops and roundtables to ensure you leave with the know-how to be ahead of the curve.
BILLING & REVENUE RECOVERY
Learn how to get the most out of your data with the least impact on your organization. Sessions in the Billing and Revenue Recovery Track focus on trending legal issues, industry forecasts and maximizing revenue while keeps costs down.
RESEARCH & QUALITY
From those just starting their research journey to seasoned pros, sessions in the Research and Quality Track help you identify, measure and build areas of study within your own data. Plus, you’ll also hear top research from 2018 and what to look for in 2019.
Meet ESO’s latest technology and products in the Product Portfolio Track. You’ll preview new feature additions, provide roadmap feedback and learn how to maximize your ESO products in everyday practice.
Each year ESO users are challenged to translate data into actionable information. Come see what our users discovered this year and how you can benefit from their findings!
Wave 2019 Sessions: More to Come!
We’re excited to announce the following Wave sessions headed your way in 2019. Stay tuned for specific times, dates and additional sessions.
- Building Hospital and EMS Relations
- The ROI of HDE
- Exploring HDE Outcomes
- Introduction to PDSAs
- Data Mythbusters
- Creating a Culture for Patient Safety
- Planning for Active Shooter Responses
- Pedestrian and Cyclist Safety
- Meeting HIPAA Security Requirements
- Using Data to Generate Dollars
- The Top Five KPIs for Fire Departments
- So, You Want to Data Science?
- 2019 ESO EMS Index and Predictions
- The Role of Analysts within Fire Departments
- Properties and Inspections: More than a Checklist
- TrackEMS: Saving Lives with Time
- Leading for Organizational Success
- CRR Programs: Making an Impact in Your Community
- Moving from Data to Improvement
- Drop the “SOAP” and “DOCUMENT” – Improving Quality in Your Organization
- Mining EMS Insights with Analytics
- Hot Topics in EMS Research
- Going for Gold: Achieving Data Standards in HDE
- Controversies in Spinal Motion Restriction
- Fire Data Best Practices
- ESO Billing Best Practices
- 2019 State Reporting: Challenges and Opportunities
- Data to Information: Making HDE Actionable
- Efforts to Standardize and Compare CRR Activity Data
- 2019 Fire Predictions
- ESO Billing Workshop
- Designing the Perfect STEMI System: How Have We Done?
- Assessing the Impact of Video Laryngoscopy in an EMS System
- If We Did It So Can You: Making Data Work for Your Agency
- Why Outcome Data Matters to EMS
- Data Dream Team: Selecting the Right Team for Data Management Success
- Creating an Improvement Aim
- Ad-Hoc Tips and Tricks
- Tapping into Accreditation Success
- Changes in Firefighter Culture
- Starting a Fire Data Program in Your City
- How Good is Your Data?
- What’s Next? Upcoming Changes to Clinical Practice
- Managing Shortfalls and Growth in EMS
- Capturing Accurate Response Metrics
- Drones in the EMS and Fire Industry
- Ambulance Cost Data Collection: Charting the Reimbursement Future for EMS
Last Year's Agenda
01feb10:30 am11:15 amIs There a Severe Stroke Scale that Works? Evidence and the FutureJason McMullan, MD, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Associate Director, Research, Division of EMS, UC Health10:30 am - 11:15 am Topic:Data Management
01feb10:30 am11:15 amKnow Your Data: How NFIRS & Other Data Can Help Your Department ThriveTyler Garner, FireCares, Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer of Prominent Edge 10:30 am - 11:15 am Topic:Fire Best Practices
01feb11:30 am12:15 pmAnticipating the High Usage of County Services Amongst Patient Populations Using Your DataJose Cabanas, MD, MPH, FACEP, Medical Director, Wake County (NC) EMS11:30 am - 12:15 pm Topic:Data Management
01feb11:30 am12:15 pmImproving Your Data Diet: How to Digest Data & ResearchHenry E. Wang, MD, MS, Professor and Vice Chair for Research, Department of Emergency Medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston11:30 am - 12:15 pm Topic:Research & Quality
01feb11:30 am12:15 pmCollaborating with Hospitals, ACOs and MCOs for MIH and Community Paramedicine Charles Blankenship, CCEMT-P, BS, MPO, Manager, Mission Health (NC)11:30 am - 12:15 pm Topic:Interoperability
01feb1:50 pm2:30 pmData-Driven Decision Making for Fire DepartmentsJASON HATHCOCK, CAPTAIN, FAYETTEVILLE NORTH CAROLINA FIRE/EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT & FRANK BLACKLEY, ASSISTANT CHIEF WITH THE WILMINGTON NORTH CAROLINA FIRE DEPARTMENT1:50 pm - 2:30 pm Topic:Fire Best Practices
01feb1:50 pm2:30 pmWorkshop: I Don't Know Nothin' About No Research, But I Sure Do Want to Improve QualityJason Stopyra, MD, Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine CIIRC, Wake Forest Baptist Health1:50 pm - 2:30 pm Topic:Research & Quality
01feb2:40 pm3:20 pmTop EMS Research for 2018Henry E. Wang, MD, MS, Professor and Vice Chair for Research, Department of Emergency Medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston2:40 pm - 3:20 pm Topic:Research & Quality
01feb3:30 pm4:10 pmTrackEMS and Lawrence General Hospital: Improving Patient Care through MobileBill Kinch, VP of Sales, TrackEMS & Jon Lovett, EMS Manager, Lawrence (NH) General Hospital3:30 pm - 4:10 pm Topic:Product Portfolio
01feb3:30 pm4:10 pmClean off your boots: S**t we’ve learned from the dataJeffrey L. Jarvis, MD, MS, EMT-P, Medical Director, Williamson County (TX) EMS & Jason Stopyra, MD, Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine CIIRC, Wake Forest Baptist Health & Henry E. Wang, MD, MS. Professor and Vice Chair for Research of the Department of Emergency Medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston3:30 pm - 4:10 pm Topic:Research & Quality
01feb4:40 pm5:20 pmData and Disasters: The Role of Technology in the Midst of DisastersDerek Hunt, EMS Director, City of Dickinson (TX) EMS | Tim McIntosh, EMS Director & Chief, Port Aransas (TX) EMS | James Salvia, Paramedic, ePCR Manager, Boston (MA) EMS | John F. Meskiel, EMS Division Chief, West Palm Beach (FL) Fire Department4:40 pm - 5:20 pm Topic:EHR/EMS Best Practices
01feb4:40 pm5:20 pmI Hate Statistics: A Fearless Approach to Appreciating the Value of Statistical Analysis of Your DataRemle Crowe, MS, NREMT, EMS Research Fellow, National Registry of EMTs4:40 pm - 5:20 pm Topic:Research & Quality
Keep In Touch