ESO Solutions’ Legal Department is growing… we are searching for a seasoned Legal Assistant to support our growing department.
Working at ESO
Come help shape the future of healthcare. If you like solving difficult problems while making a difference, you’ll like working with us.
At ESO, we’re innovative problem solvers with a passion for moving healthcare forward. We have a team of talented people who enjoy coming to work every day in an established, cutting edge company that has worked hard to maintain that start-up feel. We’re dedicated to solving healthcare’s most difficult problems through data and collaboration. If you’ve been looking for a challenge and aren’t satisfied with just showing up to work…let’s talk.
A little about us
At ESO it isn’t enough to provide a software product. We provide wicked cool, clinically sophisticated, sexy tools that make our customers’ jobs easier and provide them the data to make the right decisions for their communities and allow them to collaborate with other areas of the healthcare system to assure patients get the absolute best care possible. And we’re just getting started.
Our team is made up of technologists, EMS experts, data gurus, photographers, cyclists, and aspiring guitarists. The unifying force is our passion for what we do. We believe there is always more than one way to skin that cat so we embrace a culture of openness and collaboration, where people lead with ideas not job titles.
A little about you, if you’re for us
You like challenges. If you wake up in the middle of the night with the next great idea and can’t go back to sleep until you get a chance to write it down, you’ll fit in with us. If you get frustrated working in inefficient, top-heavy companies and want to be somewhere you can truly make a difference, we might be a good fit. We are building the company we want to work for every day and we encourage everyone to take part in continually shaping the new ESO. Ideas trump job titles.
You love small teams. You’d rather be on a team with 100 “A” players than 1000 corporate drones. Accountability is a term you are familiar with. The only thing that should CYA at ESO is a pair of jeans. You love working in a team, but also are capable of cranking out a ton of work independently.
You believe in our customers. We use our national user conference, regional user groups and steering committees to get ESOers in front of our customers. You enjoy getting first hand feedback from customers and knowing how your work impacts them directly. You can’t make a difference at ESO if you don’t understand our customer.
You’ll help support ESO’s Vice President & Corporate Counsel and the rest of the legal department with a range of issues, including but not limited to due diligence and integration of acquisitions, contracting with new customers, amending/renewing contracts with existing customers, data security and privacy compliance, and administering the employee option plan. You will assist with other legal deliverables as needed. Responsibilities will expand with company’s needs and your ability/desire to tackle new responsibilities.
More about what you’ll be doing
- You will assist with the administrative functions of an in-house legal department, including (1) drafting, (2) researching, (3) scheduling, (4) organizing, and (5) follow-up.
- You will help draft and close out customer contract amendments.
- You will help manage data security and privacy initiatives.
- You will help counsel manage the employee option plan and shareholder communications.
- You will roll up your sleeves and get anything else done when called upon.
- This position will report directly to the Vice President & Corporate Counsel.
The stuff you must have to give us a resume
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certificate, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience working in-house or at a corporate law firm as a paralegal, legal assistant, legal secretary, and/or in legal operations;
- Highly developed: (1) language and drafting skills, (2) organization and analytical skills, (3) attention to detail, (4) work ethic, (5) business process skills, and (6) problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly take what you’ve learned and apply it in new situations.
- You excel in a supporting role, but comfortable taking the lead when called upon.
- You are passionate about what you do and want to know how your work impacts ESO’s success.
Nice to have
- 4+ years of paralegal/legal assistant experience.
- 2+ years of experience supporting M&A activities.
- 2+ years of experience with data security and privacy issues.
- Experience drafting contractual provisions and/or negotiating contracts.
Think you’re a fit? Click here to send us your résumé́ today.