Network Systems Engineer
Network Systems Engineer
ESO Solutions is searching for a seasoned Network Systems Engineer with experience in a multiproduct, cloud-based SaaS environment.
Working at ESO
Come help shape the future of healthcare and safety. If you like solving difficult problems while making a difference, you’ll like working with us.
At ESO, we’re innovative problem solvers with a passion for moving healthcare and safety forward. We have a team of talented people who enjoy coming to work every day in an established, cutting edge company that has worked hard to maintain that start-up feel. We’re dedicated to solving healthcare’s most difficult problems through data and collaboration. If you’ve been looking for a challenge and aren’t satisfied with just showing up to work…let’s talk.
A little about us
At ESO it isn’t enough to provide a software product. We provide wicked cool, clinically sophisticated, sexy tools that make our customers’ jobs easier and provide them the data to make the right decisions for their communities and allow them to collaborate with other areas of the healthcare system to assure patients get the absolute best care possible. And we’re just getting started.
Our team is made up of technologists, medical experts, data gurus, photographers, cyclists, and aspiring guitarists. The unifying force is our passion for what we do. We believe there is always more than one way to skin that cat so we embrace a culture of openness and collaboration, where people lead with ideas not job titles.
A little about you, if you’re for us
You like challenges. If you wake up in the middle of the night with the next great idea and can’t go back to sleep until you get a chance to write it down, you’ll fit in with us. If you get frustrated working in inefficient, top-heavy companies and want to be somewhere you can truly make a difference, we might be a good fit. We are building the company we want to work for every day and we encourage everyone to take part in continually shaping the new ESO. Ideas trump job titles.
You love small teams. You’d rather be on a team with 100 “A” players than 1000 corporate drones. Accountability is a term you are familiar with. You love working in a team, but also are capable of cranking out a ton of work independently.
You believe in our customers. We use our national user conference, regional user groups and steering committees to get ESOers in front of our customers. You enjoy getting first hand feedback from customers and knowing how your work impacts them directly. You can’t make a difference at ESO if you don’t understand our customer.
This position is responsible for the safety and security of some of the most important data on the planet, your healthcare data. Your focus will be on the operational posture of our production environment with a close working relationship with all business functions within the company. We expect the Engineer to continually drive improvements in production operations while collaborating with the product and development teams to help set infrastructure and security priorities.
The right candidate for this role will be well versed in networking concepts like VPN, routing, NAT and security protocols. Additional responsibilities will include developing scripting/automation recipes for network devices and Microsoft Azure services, Windows server administration and configuration management of virtual machines clustered in our IaaS environment. Emphasis will also be placed on contributing to our infrastructure monitoring and alerting capabilities for our IaaS and PaaS resources.
Must have for this role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of design and configuration of physical and virtual network appliances (e.g. Cisco, F5, Barracuda, Juniper), load balancers and Web Application Firewalls
- High degree of understanding of networking concepts such as VPNs, NAT, IP routing, ACLs
- Troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity issues between client systems and ESO
- Experience with Windows Server 2012R2 – 2016 administration and automation
- Experience with networking virtualization and virtual appliances in a cloud environment such as Azure, AWS, etc.
Nice to have for this role
- In depth knowledge of f5 and related concepts like iRules, datagroups, APM, iControl REST and L2L VPN
- Azure IaaS experience including direct VPNs, networking and VM automation using PowerShell
- Experience with PRTG network monitor or similar technology to manage and monitor network traffic and Windows Servers
- Experience with SIEM systems like Splunk and SumoLogic
- In-depth knowledge of WMI and PowerShell for Windows Server administration
- Experience with Healthcare data management systems communications specifically the HL7 MLLP protocol